Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Update - I ("Kuch Bhi....")

Sorry for the hiatus , my exams were going on and I couldn't post much. If you are reading this then let me start by saying "Its Good to Be Back".

Exams were really a hoot, I have realized my concentration span has almost reduced to zero and follows the 10-30 rule. What is the 10-30 rule you ask ?... 10 minutes of Study corresponds to 30 minutes of Random Musings about Life, The Universe and Everything. My random musings have consisted of thinking about my future life in Pittsburgh , some fond memories of my last semester and my grossly ambitious plan to change this world. All these thoughts come during exams or well come more frequently during exams.

Another eventful thing happened, my sister's Board Exams result came out. She did really well given she has Humanities and everyone is really happy for her. I feel like an ass for sleeping through the morning of her result but still I got to order out food the whole day amidst all the celebrations. She did the same when I got my results, it was only fair.

On the day of the last exam we had a great freaking time. Went to a nearby restaurant called "Spiceshot" (awesome name in my opinion) and 6 of us decided to order and drink "openly" , no restrictions. Of course my drinking was restricted to the Mocktails menu but our table was a sight to see with all the glasses and bottles of vodka, tequila, gin etc . We then saw Pirates of Carribean which I didn't like too much except the awesome reclining seats in the cinema.....and our meal at McDonalds afterwards. Seriously, I really love the McVeggie burger, I love digging into it after a long time. Picking a bunch of fries and smoothing it over with a long sip of Sprite is one of the best feelings in the world. Coming back to the hostel we danced like crazy and one of my friends was dancing with his rayBan shades on at 2 in the night. Such was the night . (It was Legen-wait for it - Dary !! )

I caught a bus back home at 6 in the morning. Bus rides or Metro rides alone are fun . I think a lot during the one hour commute about life in general and how I screwed up / did well in the week gone by. Staring out of the window and watching people and places pass by gives me a calm feeling. These Bus/Metro rides will be one of the things I will miss about Delhi. Sure they are crowded sometimes but you can just stand there and get lost in your own world. 50 strangers just heading down the same path.

I have 2 months left now before I leave this country (forever ??...who knows ). Sometimes I think about coming back after a long time , 10 years or so, and seeing all my friends again...its fun to imagine someone as a rich banker , someone as an innovator , someone a big programming hot shot and the usual awesomely well taken care of assortment of MBA's :) . It would be fun to exchange stories and discuss how the the rivers of our lives took separate paths. But until these 10 years pass, I am presently looking for some work in these 2 months , mostly just to distract myself from the staticness and a couple of thoughts that are persistently there on my mind (maybe we"ll discuss those later) . I will also learn to Cook , Drive, Iron my shirt , Tie a Tie...things other teenagers did well before me. This will be a lot of work but fun work nonetheless..and I will actually learn well this time.....not like the time I youtubed "How to Tie a Tie" before our college farewell. :)

P.S. -

1.This was a boring post but a post nonetheless, the coming week has some exciting
opportunities and events will post about them once done.

2. My TEDxNSIT video is out, the one I mentioned in the blog post titled "The Talk"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NylRpcE3Oc
Hope you like it :)

4 comments:

  1. don't worry it's pretty interesting :)I liked the "kuch bhi" waala title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. learn to cook???!! now i am looking forward to that :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving. Haan, woh mujhe bhi seekhna chahiye. Jab tak bina driving ke chalta hai, tab tak achcha hai. Phir toh kuch karna hi padega.
    10 saal pe pata nahin kaun kahan hoga. Lekin socho to school se bhi abhi hume 4 se zyaada saal ho gaye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and no junkies on ur future freindlist???? aisa bhi hota hai bhai :) >
    but very nice blog i must say, looking forward to ur posts..

    ReplyDelete